Edmonton police are warning the public about the release of a violent sexual offender.
Alexandre Passechnikov is a convicted violent offender, and police in Edmonton believe that he will commit another offence against someone.
Passechnikov resides in Edmonton after being released with conditions. He is currently being managed by the Behavioural Assessment Unit of the Edmonton Police Service.
According to police, Passechnikov has victimized a number of women in a broad age range, including young adults and the elderly. Many of these incidents were in a sexual manner.
Some of Passechnikov’s release conditions include:
- Living at a residence approved by his supervisor
- Abiding by a curfew of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Not being allowed outside of Edmonton
- Not being allowed to possess weapons
- Not being allowed to consume drugs or alcohol
EPS is issuing this warning after carefully considering all related issues, including privacy concerns.
Anyone with information on any potential breaches in Passechnikov’s conditions are being asked to contact EPS at 780-423-4567.